A little bit of lime

A little bit of lime

Style :

I'm loving the look lately of limed furniture. I don't think it's something I would have been wowed over a year ago, but I feel like these days I can really appreciate the need for mixing colors and textures when it comes to furniture finishes. As much as I love a good lacquered table, sometimes you really need some organic wood texture to bring a certain softness to a room. Some examples:
























I think limed stuff got a bad rap in the 90's when it connoted shabby chic...but these days it's anything but shabby. The tan color is most ubiquitous, but these days, limed furniture with a grey undertone is also very popular. 





I've been drooling over this Worlds Away chest for months. They make a lot of furniture in limed oak finish.







I kind of love how the ever-popular chippendale chair gets an unexpected twist with a limed finish. Chair by Bungalow 5










There's no shortage of limed items on 1st Dibs, like this gorgeous chest.




And Wisteria also has quite a few items with a more natural limed finish.







What do you think about limed furniture? I'm actually learning to apply this finish myself to a chest for my entryway...I've seen quite a few tutorials online (like this one from This Old House) and it doesn't look that hard. Does anyone have any experience with liming furniture? I'm all ears! 





No comments:

Post a comment on: A little bit of lime

Save A little bit of lime on social network:

Style tags edition A little bit of lime © 2011 |