The Jewellery Project, Part 1

The Jewellery Project, Part 1

Style :
Have you ever felt extremely overwhelmed when walking into a shop, so much, that you had to pretty much leave 5 minutes later?  This is a true story, though this may have been due to the dire need to go back to work; this fleeting visit made me determined to make a return trip to Metalliferous as soon as I possibly could.  It was tricky due to it closing an hour before I finish work and not being open at the weekend, but I made use of a rare half day to get started on my jewellery making aspirations.  


A wall of inspiration shows the possibilities this shop could offer




A stone's throw away from Bryant Park, this store is like an Etsy lovers paradise; not only is there chain in every size or colour (including some fancy silver plated stuff) but gorgeous charms, antique watches and various knick knacks which in combination could make something really special.  My original inspiration were the pieces seen at Fenton Fallon or Subversive but after some careful consideration, the sky's really the limit.  I can see my luggage being seriously overweight due to some of these trinkets; London suggestions for when I return please?


I've been playing around with knotting some chains I picked out and will start to assemble it with the jump rings and clasps I bought.  Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart once it's made!

Follow on

No comments:

Post a comment on: The Jewellery Project, Part 1

Save The Jewellery Project, Part 1 on social network:

Style tags edition The Jewellery Project, Part 1 © 2011 |