Saturday's Estate Sale Finds!

Saturday's Estate Sale Finds!

Style :

When you see that "Estate Sale" listing on Craigslist, you never know if it's going to be hit or miss.  I've been to my share of both.  While I typically gravitate towards certain neighborhoods, you never know what you are going to find.  I recently stopped by a sale on Queens Road (gorgeous old homes for those of you who don't know Charlotte), and it was the filthiest place I have ever stepped foot in in my life.  The woman literally told us that everything from her half-eaten food to her used makeup to her drawer of unmentionables was for sale.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough. 





This past weekend, I saw an ad for a sale not to far from my house, so I stopped in early Saturday morning.  I was not disappointed!  A cute girl was selling what I am assuming was a bunch of furniture and accessories from her grandmother's house.  I think sometimes it's tough to see the potential in something you've seen in your grandparents' house all your life.  Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to see the diamond in the rough.





One of the first things I spotted was this glass-topped brass end table.  I loved the square detailing on the bottom.  And I also loved the price- $20.




It's perfect beside my sofa!




I may eventually switch out the glass for one that is perfectly clear instead of shaded.  But for now, I'm happy with it!







Next, I spotted this set of 4 botanical prints (with custom mats and frames) for $30 total.







I love sets of botanicals, so I knew I would find a place for them somewhere in my house.  I think they are just right in my den, on either side of my ikea mirrors












This pretty birdie on silk is a great way to add a little chinoiserie style to a room.  And I love the gold faux bamboo frame.












It was a good day for brass.  This solid brass (heavy!) geranium leaf dish is marked Virginia Metalcrafters 1948 and is just so cute!  $1 well spent, especially after I use a little Brasso and polish it up.







This blue and green dragon tray is perfect for holding keys, change, or jewelry.  We can't get enough of these!  And for $2, the price was right!




This covered brass urn from India was $1 and looks great on a bookshelf.












All in all, it was a fantastic estate sale!  For a total of $60, I got the end table, set of 4 framed botanical prints, the framed peacock, the brass geranium leaf, porcelain dragon tray, and covered brass urn.  Have you had any fabulous estate finds lately?

No comments:

Post a comment on: Saturday's Estate Sale Finds!

Save Saturday's Estate Sale Finds! on social network:

Style tags edition Saturday's Estate Sale Finds! © 2011 |