Loving the LOFT

Loving the LOFT

Style :

When Ann Taylor LOFT first emerged on the scene (I want to say it was about a decade ago), I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. I felt like the prices were high given the step down in quality from the "real" Ann Taylor and that the offerings were less than inspired. Generally I shied away from shopping there. But sometime in the last year or so, I began to notice that LOFT was NOT the same old khaki shorts and tee shirt store that I remembered. Exhibit A:





dresses





These days, LOFT strikes me as J Crew lite. It seems to have has more in common with J Crew's design aesthetic than Ann Taylor's. Which is fine by me. It's a perfect place to pick up seasonal must-haves without breaking the bank. Will I want to wear ikat a year from now? Doubtful. So I'm happy to spend $50 on an ikat top from LOFT rather than $150 on one from J Crew.





I love this Ikat blossoms silk skirt. I actually tried it on tonight but unfortunately they didn't have my size (it runs HUGE). But the style is flattering and easy to wear. I can see this pairing well with a gray tee and flats for daytime, or a silk top and heels for evening. It certainly looks like it costs more than $59.










Similarly, this Animal Print Smocked Button Down is also perfect for summer, and would transition well into fall. Again, it runs huge- my only problem with LOFT is that they have horrible vanity sizing. I usually have better luck wearing their petite sizes, despite the fact I'm 5' 6"! And the XS's sell quickly.







I love the muted blue ikat of this Print one shoulder dress. And under $100!







This Short sleeve printed cardigan looks much better in person.







Loft is filled with ruffled tops right now, and I did a double take at this Metallic Mix Ruffle Dress. Gorgeous!







Loft also has great costume jewelry along the lines of J Crew, but at a fraction of the price. 





This Large turquoise coral necklace is so very Kenneth Jay Lane!







If you told me this Crystal dangle and pink grosgrain necklace was from J Crew, I would absolutely believe it. 







They don't have a ton of handbags, but I do love this textured Zebra print clutch.







Have you been into LOFT lately? They do have great sales- currently all their sale items are an additional 30% off, and they're always giving away coupons for special promotions. Stop in this weekend and report back on your favorite things!

No comments:

Post a comment on: Loving the LOFT

Save Loving the LOFT on social network:

Style tags edition Loving the LOFT © 2011 |