Archive Assembly

Archive Assembly

Style : fashion knitwear screen

back detail view

Never has a day been so surreal in all of my life.  Even though I had been working towards the 19th May fashion show deadline since February, somehow it seemed like that date was so far off that it would somehow never actually happen. For those of you that don't know, I'm a final year Fashion Knitwear student at Nottingham Trent, a course where we design and knit the fabric using machines before making it up into garments.  I'd always been anxious about this year after observing previous students a while ago and still wasn't quite sure what I'd end up with less than two months before the show.  I'm going to explain a bit more about my concept and the process of knitting in a future post, but for now, here's my graduate collection titled 'Archive Assembly.'

outfit1

outfit 2
I spy the ubiquitous Topshop pleated skirt...

outfit 1 and 2

outfit 5

outfit 4

outfit 6

full line up
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - Lucy

Luckily Winnie, Lucy and Jazmine were able to come and see the show and take an insane amount of photos.  I'm glad they had a fun day out before meeting up with me, so be sure to check out their reports on the day!  Also a massive thanks to Tabio who provided the perfect socks for styling.

red zara dress jeffrey campbells

Dress - Zara
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell Alexa Wedges
Belt - Charity Shop
Bag - Milan
Jewellery - Forever 21, Topshop, Primark
Photo - Thanks Lucy!

mum and I
Was glad my Mum and Nan (not pictured unfortunately) could finally travel up from London and see my collection.  I can't remember who took this photo, but will figure it out soon!*

More photos can be seen on my portfolio website and flickr of all my work. I have also just found out that I will be showing my collection at Graduate Fashion Week on June 7th, which is a dream come true!

*Apologies for the excessive use of exclamation marks

Follow on

No comments:

Post a comment on: Archive Assembly

Save Archive Assembly on social network:

Style tags edition Archive Assembly © 2011 |