It may be 1,000 degrees out

It may be 1,000 degrees out

Style : But you wouldn't know it by looking at the newest J Crew catalog, what with all the wool and leather and jackets that are front and center. And the scary thing is that despite the fact that I may as well be making my morning metro commute inside a pressure cooker, thanks to J Crew, I'm already queueing up my fall wardrobe. It seems like they're finally going back to basics, and for someone who has always relied on J Crew for good office pieces, I'm glad that they're again offering the staples that made them a hit in the first place.



First comes the Cafe capri in wool. I love the easy yet tailored fit, and the rainbow of colors they come in. I'd like to get a "sensible" pair in black or tan for the office, and then splurge on a fun pair in the pink or blue for weekends.






I also love the No. 2 pencil skirt in double serge wool, which again, comes in every color of the rainbow. A flattering look for day and night.





I'm always on the lookout for a chic mid-heel or kitten heel pump. I can see these Valentina patent pumps going with most anything. They come in solids, but of course I'm drawn to leopard (which I definitely consider a neutral).







Finally, the Schoolboy blazer looks to be a weekend and workday staple, and at $188, it's a major wardrobe piece that's also surprisingly affordable. 





Have you perused the new J Crew catalog? Anything jumping out at you?

No comments:

Post a comment on: It may be 1,000 degrees out

Save It may be 1,000 degrees out on social network:

Style tags edition It may be 1,000 degrees out © 2011 |