Fashion Filler

Fashion Filler

Style : china cup

So Fashion Month is finally upon us and I've been doing my bit exploring the various events happening in London town this week.  One thing I like about all this blogging malarky is the constant influx of all things new and exciting, plus seeing things up close and scrutinising every detail.  I never know what titbits of information I'm going to pick up and how my perceptions might be changed by learning more about the designers or companies involved.  This week was one of those weeks where I have to pinch myself and in true London bus stylee, four events came around at once.

jersey pearlaudley suite dorchester

golden mirrorjersey pearl

rene gruau illustrations dorchesterdorchester penthouse


The Dorchester was a spectacular location for the Jersey Pearl event on Monday and I seemingly didn't quite think through my outfit, wearing battered DMs and faded leggings.  Nevertheless I soon felt at home after seeing Jazmine, Susie and Reena and enjoyed taking in the beautiful surroundings which complemented the pearls perfectly.  I currently don't own anything remotely pearl-like but I  was tempted by the simplicity of the earrings (very much out of the price range, I know) and loved how the strands were displayed in perfect china cups.  Still the budding photographer, I managed to borrow Lizzy's 50mm lens to take a few pictures and I'm still amazed they came from my camera!  My new lens is now on its way so hopefully the blurry backgrounds can continue and I can work out a way to enjoy visits to The Dorchester more often.  We were very tempted to hide in the bathroom!
spirit of fashion interiorrachael barrett
spirit of fashion monmouth streetrachael barrett drawingsprit of fashion collar

On a particularly rainy Tuesday I managed to pay a flying visit to the new Sprit of Fashion pop-up shop within the streets on Seven Dials, Covent Garden.  It's another initiative to help emerging designers increase their profile and develop the business sides of their labels, which can be difficult to navigate without any resources.  Each designer has developed a collection to be sold in their respective cities and I loved Rachael Barrett's collection inspired by old school uniforms.  I loved how every piece was simple yet exquisitely designed such as a dress without side seams and provides the staple items for any modern wardrobe.  I felt very lucky to be able to choose a piece from it,  the slightly pinkish dress which I'm sure I can wear in multiple ways layered or buttoned up. I hope she goes onto fantastic things as a result of this; Lady Gaga has already worn her rubber dresses from her RCA days so who knows what's next!  The London store is open until September 18th so take a trip to be inspired by the chic interiors and line drawings of the pieces.

jade kang


Eun Jeong
Nabil Nayal






heidi leung dress
FYODOR GOLAN laser cut  Images: Draping details by Jade Kang (2010 Finalist )and Gingham glam by Eun Jeong (2008 Winner). Royal lace by Nabil Nayal; Orientalism by Heidi Leung; Laser-cut leather by Fyodor Golan, all 2011 finalists

On Wednesday I was treated to a sneak preview of some upcoming collections by some of the past and current Fashion Fringe designers.  I am very excited to be attending the show next Saturday and although I was worried that seeing some of the designs would spoil it for me, it was great getting to chat to the designers and see some of the details up close.  Being completely knit-centric in my day to day life, I was amazed at some of the new processes they'd developed to achieve their concepts , which each highlighted their various backgrounds.  It may all look completely different on the catwalk, complete with models, styling, music and the tense atmosphere so hopefully I can figure out my camera settings in time to do the pieces justice.

united nude shoes 
United Nude shoes seen at their launch party, a great new take on the typical loafer

I must stress that this isn't an average week for me, but it reminds me how fortunate I've been since I started bloggingThere are a few articles popping up and everyone seems to have an opinion, but I'm just glad to have an outlet for something I'm passionate about outside any jobs I may have.




Follow on

No comments:

Post a comment on: Fashion Filler

Save Fashion Filler on social network:

Style tags edition Fashion Filler © 2011 |