Fall Fashion Obsessions: Camel and Red

Fall Fashion Obsessions: Camel and Red

Style :

  Between a full-time job, a husband and 9-month old baby, reading nearly every domestic shelter magazine in publication each month, and of course MoS, I don't have a lot of time to spend reading fashion magazines.  However, when I get my hair done every 3 months, I usually plan to spend the entire precious 2-3 hours catching up on my fashion reads.  I did just that a couple of weeks ago and was delighted to flip through Vogue, Elle, and Harper's and see two of my favorite colors splashed across the fall pages- camel and red!


 


Camel and red, apart or together, are both such warm and luxurious colors.  I first fell in love with them when I was in high school and idolized the style of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and Gwyneth Paltrow.












I remember saving and saving and waiting and waiting for Belks to mark down their Max Mara camel hair coats enough for me to finally buy one (it was probably June of the following year by the time that happened).




I've worn camel and red since then, whether it has been in or out, so I couldn't be happier that it's finally "in" again. 





Here are some camel and red looks we are loving for fall:




Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Yigal Azrouel, Tommy Hilfiger







Dries van Noten, Phillip Lim, Chloe, and Gucci










Tory Burch







Carolina Herrera







JCrew







Talbots (seriously)







Oscar de la Renta







Michael Kors





My purchases for fall:
















Camel Cashmere Sweater










A vintage mink collar (my latest $2.50 thrift store find)







A vintage Gucci long-strap bag





And what I want...








Are you loving camel and red for fall?  Have you made any purchases?  Tell us about them!

No comments:

Post a comment on: Fall Fashion Obsessions: Camel and Red

Save Fall Fashion Obsessions: Camel and Red on social network:

Style tags edition Fall Fashion Obsessions: Camel and Red © 2011 |