Clothes vs Cake

Clothes vs Cake

Style : blue door number 11

milk bar

carrot cake

It's a dilemma I often seem to face but luckily Kilver Court in Somerset easily solved that problem with two of the most important things located in close proximity.  On my second spontaneous day in Shepton Mallet we decided to check out some bricks and mortar type shops and after a slight excursion, we arrived at one of the town's main shopping destinations. It's not quite Bicester Village, but was nice to visit nonetheless without the crowds and general mayhem of most shopping outlets.  The SLR was out in full force yet again, so here's some more Somerset snaps, where I attempted a bit of auto-focus.

harlequin cafe

birds nesting

mulberry alexa

mulberry purses

london signs

pantone tins

now panic and freak out

The Mulberry Factory shop was the main reason for our visit, but unfortunately there were no bargains to be had.  The bags are considerably cheaper than normal but will still set you back around £300 -£600 depending on what style you might be after.  I'll see if I can save anywhere near this amount (very difficult) and treat myself to an unexpected style one day, but a more realistic option was the Designer Emporium nearby.  Although the clothing on offer was decent (hello Margaret Howell) I was more taken by the homeware on offer and almost came home with several mugs and Pantone tins for nothing in particular.

kilver gardens

lucy shiny thoughts

iron gate

mulberry bag
Very jealous of Katie's Mulberry bag accessorised with a cute (faux) foxtail

carrie with a spider

After attempting not to spend any money, we had a quick look around the gardens and stumbled across a room full of various creepy crawlies.  I wouldn't say I'm petrified of spiders but I certainly wasn't willing to hold one, so Carrie deserves my full respect.

flora and fauna

motel dress satchel and loafers

guess watch
Dress - c/o Motel
Watch - Guess c/o H.Samuel

Extreme close up of my new watch.  I'm one of those people that will always check my phone to find the time, which is all well and good until the battery runs down from too much tweeting.  It was time to go back to basics.  Luckily I was sent a Guess watch by Emily, whose beady eyes spotted that I never wear one.  Usually I wear my chunky wooden bracelet on my wrist but we've fallen out due to it taking over my graduation photos.  I've been wearing this watch non-stop since I received it and I like that it's not too 'blingy' due to it's polycarbonate strap.  It goes against my school days spent wearing a digital Casio watch, with its traditional face and is set to the wrong day of the week to keep me on my toes.  Obviously watches are nothing new, but it's amazing how technology has taken away my need to wear one and how much I rely on things that must be charged. I might have to start investigating new forms of wristwear and will have to look out for watches to resurrect at future flea markets.

bloggers in the garden
Thanks to Lucy for taking the pictures of me and Carrie for the group photo!

So that concludes my Somerset visit and what a lovely time it was, it seemed like I was there for ages!  Next on the UK horizon I spy visits to Birmingham and hopefully Blackpool...

Follow on

No comments:

Post a comment on: Clothes vs Cake

Save Clothes vs Cake on social network:

Style tags edition Clothes vs Cake © 2011 |