Before and After Faux Bamboo Desk Chair

Before and After Faux Bamboo Desk Chair

Style :

I have been on the hunt for a good desk chair for the glass-topped sawhorse desk in my bedroom.  I found this one several months ago, but thanks to baby #2 on the way (!) I haven't had much time or energy to do anything with the chair.  Enter the second trimester and I am back on the DIY project horse... 





I loved the faux bamboo detailing of the chair, but the finish and fabric weren't much to look at.  But those are both such an easy fix.  I know this chair isn't a piece of fine furniture- it probably has its roots in a Florida motel, like so much faux bamboo on the market today.  As such, I don't mind adding a little spray paint and fabric to it.






First I removed the cushion.  It was screwed to the bottom of the chair, so all you need is the appropriate screwdriver.







Next step was to spray paint the frame.  I used Rustoleum's Glossy White.






The seat cushion was in good shape and had nice welting, but the pattern and colors were awful.  I used a seam ripper to remove the welting.  My chair would look better if I added welting in my own fabric, but it's 10000 times easier to not mess with that.







Since the chair is going in my bedroom, I used my main bedroom fabric of bamboo and birds on a light green background.







Here is a little glimpse of my bedroom.  More pictures to come when I make a couple more changes...








 After painting the frame and removing the welting from the cushion, all I had to do was staple the fabric to the seat.







Then I screwed the newly upholstered seat back on to the newly painted frame.







 Easy easy!  It's just what I need for my desk.







Have you tackled any DIY projects lately?

No comments:

Post a comment on: Before and After Faux Bamboo Desk Chair

Save Before and After Faux Bamboo Desk Chair on social network:

Style tags edition Before and After Faux Bamboo Desk Chair © 2011 |